Top Cryptocurrency 2018 List
With over 1,500 alt coins to choose from, it’s tough to say which cryptocurrency will emerge victorious in the future. And no matter how much research you conduct, the future prices of each cryptocurrency is unpredictable and there’s a good chance you will lose your entire investment. The value of cryptocurrencies is subject to major fluctuations that are substantially more drastic than regular stocks. With that in mind, here are a few of the most reliable coins you could invest in:
1. Litecoin is like Bitcoin. It is the second oldest cryptocurrency behind Bitcoin. Litecoin’s maximum coin supply is 84 million while Bitcoin has 21 million. Processing transactions with Litecoin takes only 2.5 minutes on average while Bitcoin takes over 10 minutes. Despite maintaining a low profile over the years, it’s been consistently ranked as the top 10 cryptocurrencies, one reason it’s a good buy.
2. Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system, cryptocurrency exchange and remittance network all-in-one. Developed for enterprise clients, it can also be used peer-to-peer and enables users to carry out transactions in 3-5 seconds. Working with banks and other major financial institutions makes Ripple a valuable option for businesses.
3. Golem is the first open-sourced and decentralized project made on Ethereum’s blockchain. It involves creating a network of computing resources that can be loaned out to anyone who needs it. Golem’s “supercomputer” obtains power from the combined power of personal laptops to entire data centers. Individuals from all over can contribute computing capacity because hardware is not in one specific location. This enables the decentralized supercomputer to scale over time, something traditional supercomputers have a problem with today.
4. Ethereum allows developers and entrepreneurs to build their software and applications on the Ethereum blockchain instead of making one from scratch. One can produce their own cryptocurrency using Ethereum in a short period of time. Being universal and scalable are what moved Ethereum to the top 2 spot in terms of market cap ranking.
5. Bitcoin was the very first cryptocurrency and, is still the number coin. It’s valuable because of the technology behind it, the blockchain, and has been duplicated by many alt coins due to its success. The name “Bitcoin” is what everyone hears about first when they are exposed to cryptocurrency. Before Bitcoin, moving something electronically without getting compromised in the process was difficult. This is why middlemen and third parties existed: to make sure double-spending didn’t exist. However, these third parties charge for that service whereas with Bitcoin, there are no third parties and no regulations, so fees are much lower and anyone can take part.
Huge Investment Opportunity
Cryptocurrency is the most interesting investment opportunity and development in the financial sector today. But many people struggle to find the best cryptocurrency to buy because of the volatility of the market. It can be high at one point and then crash in a matter of hours. Fear of missing out is also the main reason that prices rise so dramatically in such a short period of time. We recommend you watch the markets for a few weeks before making any investment decision because cryptocurrency market is exciting; full of growth and innovation.
Further reading: Top 4 Penny Cryptocurrencies Worth Investing In 2018
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website does not constitute investment advice, or any other sort of advice, and you should not treat any of the website’s content as such. Nothing on this website should be taken as an offer to buy, sell or hold a cryptocurrency. You should conduct your own due diligence and consult with a financial advisor before making any investment decision. HybridBlock will not be held responsible for the investment decisions you make based on the information provided on the website.